Life Bridge Re-entry Protocols
We are excited for the opportunity to worship together in the building again!
As we do this, please adhere to these safety protocols. We are intending to “bear with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:2-3).” So if there are protocols you find challenging, please speak to one of the elders as soon as possible. This will be a tricky time for us all as we are being considerate of the varied perspectives and responses to this pandemic. Also, our decisions are based on what we think the truth to be; however, there are many perspectives out there, so we are going with what we think is best, but we may be wrong. Further, things are changing constantly, so we will reassess the situation after a couple of weeks and then see if things need to be adjusted.
Things you should know:
- The entire facility will be cleaned and sanitized prior to opening the building for services. (two locations - worship center and gym).
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted by members of our safety/greeting team who will be wearing masks.
- If you are attending service in the Worship Center (sanctuary), you will enter/exit through the west entrance (portico entrance)
- If you are attending service in the gym, you will enter/exit through the south entrance
Individual face masks are
mandatory as you enter the building, but here are the finer points:
- Mask must be worn as you enter/leave the building
- Mask must be worn by children 5 years of age and older
- Mask must be worn during singing, but you may move it below your nose (unless you are in the gym, then you need to wear your mask over your nose as well)
- Mask must be worn if you are going to sneeze or cough
- Mask can be taken off during the sermon, as you are sitting passively. (unless you are in the gym service then it must stay on)
- Mask must be put on again if you leave your seat to tend to a child or restroom facilities.
Doors will be open 15 minutes
prior to each service.
- All doors will be propped open to limit surface contact.
- If it’s raining, a safety/security team member will open the door for you
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- We will practice physical distancing as we enter and leave the building, as well as during the service. Hugs, handshakes, high-fives, and pats on the back are to be avoided. We will greet one another with a smile, an “air” hug, or a friendly wave.
- Available seating will be staggered and clearly marked to allow for physical distancing. Upon entering the building, you will be asked to go directly to your designated service location and immediately find your seat. Our staff and safety/security team will be available to help you
- Please sit with your family (those living in the same household) and maintain at least six feet between yourself and others who are not part of your household.
In order to honor physical distancing requirements, each service will be limited to an attendance of approx. 75 people (per worship space). Reservations will need to be made for each worship service. To make reservations for a particular service time/space, click on THIS LINK (Wednesdays only) The link to make reservations will open up on our website each Wednesday at noon or you can call the church office and leave a message. Reservations for each service will be closed at 65 people. That will allow space for guests who arrive not knowing about our reservation process.
- Sermon notes will be offered online only.
- All food and coffee service has been suspended till further notice
- Offering boxes will be available at all entrance doors leading into the Worship Center to receive tithes and offerings before and after services. Offering plates will not be passed.
- We will continue streaming our services live online.
- Small groups may continue meeting in homes, if that is preferred over the church building for now. However, we encourage you to strive to be in community, to the extent that you are able.
The following will not be available in the building at this time:
- Middle school classes
- Community groups
We ask that you please not attend in person if you have had any of the following symptoms during the week: fever over 100⁰, cough or sore throat, shortness of breath, or contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 (in the past 14 days).
We certainly understand some may not feel comfortable returning to a group setting just yet and we encourage you to do what is best for you and your family. If you choose not to return at this time, please continue watching online.
We do not know how long we will have to continue worshiping under these conditions, but we will continue praying, monitoring state and local guidelines, seeking the advice of medical professionals and will return to normal activities as soon as it is considered safe to do so. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation in all of these things.